This page covers the instructions for translating the Mue tab extension.
Please do not use Google Translate where possible. To avoid duplication of work, it is recommended you join our Discord server first (see footer) as some of our translators are in there.
Make sure you have followed all of the development instructions first to get a working local instance of Mue on your machine. Instead of cloning
mue/mue, you will need to fork the repository to
- Create a file for your translation in
src/translations, for example
- Copy all of the contents of
en_GB.jsonto your new file
- Translate all of the strings in your new file
- Add your translation to
src/modules/languages.jsonat the end of the JSON array
- Test your translation by going to the Mue settings modal (make sure the dev server is running), then to languages and selecting your language
- Go to the root directory of your Mue instance and run
git add *
- Next, run
git commit -m "feat(translations): Add <language here> translation"
- Finally, run
git pushand open a pull request on the GitHub website
If you have any issues, please feel free to contact us